[OM] Re: [OT] E-3 speculation

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] E-3 speculation
From: "Wiliam Wagenaar" <wiliam@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 21:10:46 +0100
Jeff Keller wrote:
-----
>(too bad C*non didn't re-think the aspect ratio)
-----

Well actually the aspect ratio is one thing L like least on my E-1. Since I
use the E-1 I am having trouble keeping the horizon level, a problem I never
(well allmost never) experienced with my OM's.

Framing with the 4/3 aspect ratio is no problem and ideal for portraits, but
when it comes to printing I allways have to instruct the printer what to do
("fit in papersize") and I have quite some white spece on the prints. Most
printsizes are more convenient for the 35mm aspect ratio (2/3)

I liked the story about the E-3 though. Since Olympus keep their mouths
tightly shut only the future will tell how far off he is.

As far as his "bigger is better" idea regarding sensor sizes he has a point.
While they are harder to make flawlessly  they have an easier job as far as
noise goes and I believe also regarding "light gathering power". Goot thing
Kodak/Olympus use Full Frame Transer" technology on their chips which partly
copes with that issue. Also for creating shallow DOF effects bigger is
better.

Just my ? 0.02

Wiliam