[OM] Sligthly OT: Mju

Subject: [OM] Sligthly OT: Mju
From: orava@xxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 15:15:41 +0200 (EET)

Hi!

One year ago I gave my well served almost 10 years old Mju II (champagne
coloured, NOT the zoom version) to my sister who lives far away from me. She
has been very satisfied with it (well ofcourse!) but few days ago she felt that
the camera began to play tricks on her.

She had problems with rewinding the film. That is not the issue of this email
because I think that she might only have ran out of battery power. She bought a
new battery, but she still says that she feels that there is something wrong
with the movement of the lens. She says that the lens is driven into the body
only when she moves the lens cover so close to the lens that the cover touches
or almost touches the lens.

I have not used Mju II for the last one year so I can't remember when is the
lens driven into the body. Could you refresh my memory? Is it done when the
cover is very very near the lens or is it done when the cover is just initially
moved (for just few millimeter = for fraction of an inch) towards the lens?

Thank in advance!

Olli