[OM] Re: C*non 500D 2 element diopter--compact macro solution or expensi

Subject: [OM] Re: C*non 500D 2 element diopter--compact macro solution or expensive and cacamamie
From: Jez Cunningham <jez.cunningham@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 16:00:25 +0100
I read recently (experts will confirm/correct) that a macro lens is designed
for a flat plane of focus, whereas a normal lens (with or without a
close-up) has a spherical focus surface - consequently focus will be off at
the edges if you try to photgraph a flat subject.  Sounds believable to me,
but is it true?
br
Jez