[OM] Re: Hardware Resource Page Soon to Go....

Subject: [OM] Re: Hardware Resource Page Soon to Go....
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 13:34:20 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 22 Dec 2005, John Hermanson wrote:

> I agree that it's probably due to the digital content.  They've been so
> tight with their "no digital manual or software sales" that maybe they
> shouldn't be surprised that people put sites up. I mean Olympus digital
> repair manuals are probably floating around on the internet anyway.
> It's like trying to hold onto a handful of sand underwater, the harder
> you squeeze, the more slips through.

I'm almost 100% certain that's what it was.  One of the demands they made
in their request was that I reveal to them where I got the files.  In
my reply to them last night I pointed out, in a nice way, how they could
find numerous sources of those digital documents via Google and eBay.
They're going to be very busy in the coming year if they plan on trying
to stop all those sources.  In the same letter I tried to put together a
case for allowing the OM documents to continue to exist on my web site.
I'll let you know what they say once I get a response.
                                                -mark