[OM] Re: C*non 500D 2 element diopter--compact macro solution or expensi

Subject: [OM] Re: C*non 500D 2 element diopter--compact macro solution or expensive and cacamamie
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 13:59:03 -0500
A few years ago I needed to photograph some paintings and called Nikon
(since it was one of the cameras available to me for the project) to
ask if their 60/2.8 lens was flat field.  The support person told me
"all Nikon lenses are flat field".  Surprised, I asked for
clarification.  He repeated verbatim what he initially said.  Went on
to say even the 50/1.8 would work well.  Never have found out if he
was correct.

I don't know if *ALL* macro lenses are flat field, but some are and
are usually advertised as such.

FWIW/ScottGee1