[OM] Re: Gold 35RC on oboy - fake!

Subject: [OM] Re: Gold 35RC on oboy - fake!
From: Manuel Viet <oly@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 13:47:55 +0100
Le vendredi 23 Décembre 2005 13:27, ScottGee1 a écrit :
> On 12/23/05, Andrew McPhee <macca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > It seems obvious to me that this guy is 'enhancing' ordinary
> > cameras.  Maybe he has a buddy who's an electroplater, then throw on some
> > new leather and voila - a rare model!
> >
> > I'll bet my left you-know-what that it ain't gold plate and it ain't a
> > rare model.
>
> Well, *somebody* has to compete with all those Rollei 35
> "Commemorative" and "Limited Edition" models.  ;o)

The seller doesn't say the plating is Olympus original, factory made ; he just
sells a camera with a controversial look (de gustibus et coloribus non
disputendum est) for a price that appears to me to be 'nearly correct' (last
I checked 35RCs were sought after on my local ebay, and were going around
120~130 €).

So if someone's dream is to match his camera with his 2 colours Italian-made
shoes, his gold neckchain displayed on his red silk shirt worn under his
white linen suit, then...

--
Manuel Viet