[OM] Re: Computer for Photoshop advice please

Subject: [OM] Re: Computer for Photoshop advice please
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 08:24:31 -0800 (PST)
Jeff,
  What Tom said, but there are other factors that boost the performance.  I am
not very familiar with the Dell line that well, despite having a year old top
of the line at the time 8400 (which I bought for $900 with a 19 inch LCD,
btw...:), but you will be very surprised to hear that high Hz PIII outperform
low Hz PIV.  If you have a PIII in the older machine, that easily explains the
difference in performance.
  Boris

> Although I agree with your overall point, there's a couple I would
> hesitate
> with...
>
> 1.) Having dealt with 3 emachines that had a very short not too
inspiring
> life, I'll never know if they have improved unless they and Compaq
are the
> only ones making computers.
>
> 2.) My 4 year old Dell 4550 (about $1100) runs circles around a newer
Dell