[OM] Re: Hardware Resource Page Soon to Go....

Subject: [OM] Re: Hardware Resource Page Soon to Go....
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 13:23:20 -0800 (PST)
John H wrote:
> And, there may have been an Olympus employee on this list,
> possibly lurking.  It was 7-8 years ago that I sent an email
> to the list and a few hours later I got an angry phone call
> from the head of Olympus customer service regarding that very
> email.

I have my doubts that ANYBODY from Olympus monitors or
participates in user forums.  Isn't it obvious by their total
disregard to the customer?

This "software upgradeable camera/lens" lie is among the
greatest.  There hasn't been more than one positive comment ever
made (and I think I was the moron to make it) about the
histogram/review idiocy in the E-1, or the lack of single-button
spot-metering.  These are easy software fixes, but NOOOO.
Nothing.  They could fix the manual WB fiasco.  Nope.  They
could improve tracking AF without the battery back.  Nope.  They
could improve the speed of processing with the lens-shading and
noise-reduction.  Nope.  They could improve the RAW file sizes.
Get real.

Olympus is totally non-responsive to the customer and maybe even
the entire market.  They design in the blind, introduce the
product and stick their heads in the sand.

I know what it's like in the product development world--I've
been there done that.  You tend to treat the consumer/buyer like
idiots. They know nothing.  When they say "I need ____" you say
"they aren't using it correctly".  Just like Canon's continual
ignorance when it comes to the door open while write bug and the
mirror-lockup issue.

No. Olympus hasn't shown itself to even remotely be concerned
about the user community.  If they monitor it for leaks of
product information, well, that's one thing, but they surely
haven't shown that they give a toot to our needs.

And Olympus America?  Talk about an organization that deserves
to be eliminated. The head managers need to be axed due to
complete incompetance.

You know what?  Nothing "dies" on the Internet. Ten years from
now, this post will still be around.  And I hate to say it, but
in ten years it'll probably still be accurate, just like it was
ten years ago.  Olympus will still be ignoring the customer,
Olympus America will still be trying to get rid of that last
dealer.

I think the only way to get ANYBODY's attention at Olympus or
regional arms is to start publicly naming names.  Let's start
posting the names of the upper-level management publicly on
these lists.  Google will be very quick to pick it up. When
friends and relatives start questioning the "bad press" about
them, maybe they'll figure out that the user community is
ticked.  Nobody likes to be personally identified with the
failures of the corporation.

AG