[OM] Re: (OM) Winter Solstice site now live

Subject: [OM] Re: (OM) Winter Solstice site now live
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 23:17:51 +1300
Hi all

Jez wrote

> Great pix - but it seems the diphthong character buggered up the link to
> Johan's image (at least with my browser):
>     The requested URL /~bj/solstice/2005/Johan_Malmstr�¶m.htm was not found
> on
> this server. Wish I'd not overlooked the call for pix myself. thanks and br
Jez

 and other people commented.

Funny thing, the browser that I use when checking the appearance of web-
pages I write with Arachnophilia, is Opera 3.62, very fast and small enough
to fit on a floppy (as I've noted before) and integrates well with
Arachnophilia.
It has no trouble at all with these extended characters. I write in html
language almost exclusively, - no Macromedia Flash, javascript, java, ihtml
or other add-on languages, no PHP, cgi, asp or whatever else, and 3.62
works fine.

Opera 6.05 however, choked on this link, as I discovered just now when
checking.

I don't use IE or the other common browser flavours, bloated or not..

I will change the file name and make consequential changes to ensure
correct functioning.

Brian