[OM] Opera and HTML3.2 Winter Solstice site now live

Subject: [OM] Opera and HTML3.2 Winter Solstice site now live
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 12:31:00 +0000
I admire your prowess and your consistency Brian, but I can have a
couple of suggestions.

Firstly, whether you like it or not (and I don't) the majority of the
world uses the ghastly Internet Explorer and you might wish to check
your pages in IE for fit and display.

Secondly, since we are now up to HTML4.01 and many HTML elements from
earlier versions are now deprecated, it would be as well, perhaps, to
move up to a later browser to check that your coding is doing what
you imagine it will.  I am a novice at this (well behind you, I can
see) but even I am going to use stylesheets for my future webpages.
I am not convinced of the value of javascript, except for error
handling etc ..., but I shall make my efforts much easier by using a
bit of help from Dreamweaver or NVu (www.nvu.com).  The latter is
free, by the way ... :-)

Chris

~~ >-)-