[OM] Re: Spiratone Fisheye 12mm

Subject: [OM] Re: Spiratone Fisheye 12mm
From: robburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 04:28:51 +0000
For a low cost solution to your digital macro needs you might consider the
Olympus EX-25 Extension Tube
at B & H Photo. It is only $119.95 and it works great with my E-500 and both
the 14-45mm and the
40-150 ED zoom lenses. Olympus recommends not using it at the 14mm setting, but
it is fine for all other
settings. My son has the E-300 and the Olympus ED 50mm F2 macro lens. When he
compared the results
of shots taken with his lens and my extension tube, he remarked that except for
the extra speed of the F2
lens, he could have saved over $375 by buying the extension tube instead of the
lens. The 50mm F2
macro does a very good job, but don't underestimate results from the EX-25
extension tube when used
with the E-1, E-300 or the E-500.

Robert

< I am also wondering if I should get a new 50mm F2 Macro for the E.>