[OM] Re: Lensbabies ? ? ? Home-made version ?

Subject: [OM] Re: Lensbabies ? ? ? Home-made version ?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 19:40:25 -0800
Moose wrote:

>I haven't looked at them again for their recommendation for lenses, but
>one could easily use a close-up lens. A +10 C-U lens is 100mm fl. Speed
>then depends on the filter size. A 52mm size would be about f2.0. You
>can see how f-stop affects the results with a simple lens vs. a fine
>lens, without the lateral movement, here
><http://galleries.moosemystic.net/SIMA/>.

Replying to my own post. Looking at the pages Andrw posted, there are
clearly two schools of thought represented.

The first is those seeking a reasonably sharp, flat swing and tilt lens.
Those won't give results like a lensbaby.

The second, represented by the plungercam, aim to use a "bad" lens. That
is closer to the lensbaby. Sort of like a SIMA or other true soft focus
lens with a flexible tube holding it. The close-up lens would be of the
soft focus variety.

Moose