[OM] Konica AR to four-thirds

Subject: [OM] Konica AR to four-thirds
From: <oly-zooko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 14:44:20 -0500 (EST)
Found this thread on DPREVIEW- has anyone attempted such a thing? Konica
lenses are DIRT cheap and very under-rated:

"I have managed to adapt Konica AR lenses for my Oly E300. Somebody asked
about this a long time ago. I posted my discovery on the Konica SLR Yahoo!
group, but nobody payed much attention.

Long story short: All my Konica SLR lenses are now beeing used with my
E300, including the legendary 40mm "pancake" f.1.8 "sharpest lens ever
made for 35mm". Also the 28mm f.1.8, 57mm f.1.2, 85 f.1.8, and a super
rare 800 f.8 works fine. I Use no adapter because the mount is partly
compatible (unscrew the black plate at the back of the lens, and the
aperture lever; 5 screws total, put som felt pads on the rear of the lens
to get some tension, and you're done. I like to add a new light-baffle of
card-board on the end of the lens to limit the amount of light to the 25mm
circle of 4:3. This make the lenses much better. It's that easy!

The film->flange distance for Konica is 40,5mm, so you loose a little of
the macro abilities, and the lens focuses a little beyond infinity, but
hardly noticable.

The 40mm kan be had for as little as $20 on eBay, and is totaly worth it.
It's like carrying only the camera-house around. Beautiful for portraits.

You loose AF (not permanently, of course:-), and only program that works
are M and A(perture priority), so you have still one AE mode. It slows you
down, but not much."