[OM] Re: Lensbabies ? ? ? Home-made version ?

Subject: [OM] Re: Lensbabies ? ? ? Home-made version ?
From: Rob Harrison <robhar@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 23:16:29 -0800
On Dec 26, 2005, at 7:12 PM, james olson wrote:

> Anyone used the lensbabies lenses?

I've been eyeing lensbabies for about a year. Finally rented one on a
lark, when I rented a C*n*n 5D a couple weeks ago to shoot a couple
projects. It was really fun to play with, especially with the instant
feedback of a digital camera. Worth the dosh? Well, the look is very
recognizable, that's for sure. You won't see an image and not know it
was shot with a lensbaby. I assume you've had a look through the
galleries on the lensbaby website, so you know what that look is.
Here are four of the ones I liked from the weekend:

<http://oz.net/~robhar/IMG_0036w.jpg>
<http://oz.net/~robhar/IMG_0023e.jpg>
<http://oz.net/~robhar/IMG_0072w.jpg>
<http://oz.net/~robhar/IMG_0068w.jpg>

The idea of using a lens like this on a $3200 12 megapixel camera did
give me kind of a perverse pleasure. I do enjoy using pinhole body
caps on my L*ica MP and OM-4ti.... Like this shot, of my sister-in-
law on the beach at Mackay, Queensland.

<http://oz.net/~robhar/0367590-R1-036-16A.jpg>

Rob in Seattle