[OM] Re: Okay, all you enablers ... :-)

Subject: [OM] Re: Okay, all you enablers ... :-)
From: Steve Dropkin <steve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 05:29:14 -0600
AG Schnozz wrote:

> Steve D. wrote:
>
>>Well, I finally did it. Or maybe I should say _you all_
>>finally did it. :-)
>>Tonight, I pulled the trigger on an E-1 kit with the 14-45mm
>>and 40-150mm lenses. Cameta was offering it on That Auction
>>Site for US$779
>
> Decent price.  Of course, Olympus will announce the E-3
> tomorrow.

Oh, I'm sure they will.... But it won't go for $779 with two lenses. :-)

I look at this as an "intermediate" camera. Digital photography
technology is not yet mature. I don't think it will take long until the
E-1 is seriously outclassed. Olympus' future also is a question mark,
IMHO. So I strongly suspect I may be buying another digital SLR in a few
years. I didn't want to spend a bundle now. The E-1 is good enough for
most of the photography I see myself doing in the foreseeable future.
It's a good time to jump into the pool.

Steve