[OM] Cameta extended warranty for E-1

Subject: [OM] Cameta extended warranty for E-1
From: "Steve Dropkin" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 09:10:04 -0600 (CST)
So I called Cameta this morning to pay for my E-1 and they started
up-selling quickly. Grip? No, thanks. CF cards? Got 'em. Expedited
shipping? It would be fun to have this for the big New Year's Day shoot,
but I have lots of film to use up.

Extension to the warranty? I said no, because my experience is that
extended warranties don't get used. The phone rep mentioned that the
warranty would cover a sensor cleaning (though he did say I didn't need
that because of the E-1's dust-shaker) But also mentioned that the camera
would need a "mirror-box" cleaning after a few years and that this would
be covered by the extended warranty (which is being offered at half of
Olympus' Web site price). Since the person mentioning this great deal is
the only one I recall who's mentioned this "necessary" cleaning, I'm a bit
leery. Is this "mirror-box" cleaning necessary or is it merely cleaning
out my pockets? I have a week to change my mind and say "yes" if I want
it.

Thanks!
Steve