[OM] Re: Recent E-500 Owner

Subject: [OM] Re: Recent E-500 Owner
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 08:53:00 -0800
Welcome Allen,

Only you can decide if the 14-54 is worth buying to replace your 14-45. The
test reports that were just brought up in the recent thread should give you
some insight into the differences.

The brightness of the picture shouldn't have much to do with the lens. If
your exposure meter is seeing something bright, what you are most interested
in may come out dark. Also depending on how you are processing the images,
the software may try to preserve detail in the highlights, making everything
look dark.

If you're taking head shots I would think the FL-36 would be very good. I
believe it zooms (like the FL-50) to match the focal length setting of the
lens. It wouldn't need a lot of power to light up a person's head.

-jeff

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Allen Corrice" <acorrice@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I got the 2 lens kit in early December and just ordered a 14-54 lens last
night.  I am really hoping this new lens will give me brighter pictures
without the flash.  A faster auto-focus wouldn't be terrible and the reviews
I have read say that is better too.  I also want to get some head shots of
my girlfriend...portraits.  I will soon find out if it was a good purchase
but what do the folks that have both already think?

I also have an FL-36 flash on order/in the mail.  Will I be happy with not
moving up to the FL-50?  I didn't think I would ever use an external power
supply for the flash.  Is 36 sweet?

Cheers!
Allen