[OM] Re: Cameta extended warranty for E-1

Subject: [OM] Re: Cameta extended warranty for E-1
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 11:26:21 -0800 (PST)
I bought one of those Cameta warranties for my E-1 too.  My
feeling is that it's pretty cheep insurance.  If nothing else
croaks on it, I do plan on sending it in right at the end of the
period to get my one cootie wiped off.

Isn't that amazing?  10,000 pictures and one tiny speck that's
been there from day one.  Oh, wait.  I did get two other spots
for a few pictures one day.  I wouldn't even know how to clean a
sensor.  We E-1/300/500 shooters are awefully spoiled.

I also have a MACK warranty on my A1 that is about to expire.  I
guess I could send the camera in with a complaint about the
excessive "pattern noise" or something.

When buying digital cameras and used Audis and Jeeps, I spend
the extra and get the extended warranty.  So far, I'm $3000
ahead with the Jeep, $2000 on the Audi and $200 behind on the
cameras.

Cheap insurance on big-ticket items.

AG

Just $16.99/mo. or less.