[OM] Re: Faded colors and vivid memories

Subject: [OM] Re: Faded colors and vivid memories
From: "Marc Lawrence" <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 09:58:25 +1100
> Walt Wayman wrote:
> http://home.att.net/~hiwayman/wsb/media/192375/site1072.jpg
> I'm getting closer and closer to getting the colors right,
> but still no cigar, so anybody have any suggestions that
> might help me get it right?

Walt, I've no advice to offer (I always say "Black and white",
while the rest of my family says "That would be nice in
colour"), but I can say that that is one beautiful photo!
These are the type of perfect family moments I aim for in
my photography, but have only rarely (once, maybe twice,
managed to (I think...maybe) get.

Something that just comes to mind (though it can be a PITA
getting it to look natural), is to black & white it, then
colourise it. I'd use that as a last resort unless you've a
knack for it though (but then I recall it driving me nuts
trying, and failing, at it - that time, family preferred
the sepia).

Cheers,
Marc
Sydney, Oz