[OM] Re: Maxell Li-Ion batteries

Subject: [OM] Re: Maxell Li-Ion batteries
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 14:36:25 -0800
Chuck Norcutt wrote:

>Unfortunately, the BP-511 equivelent is exactly equivalent and only
>delivers 1100 mah (like the Canon original) instead of the 1390 mah of
>the BP-511A or the 1500 mah of some more modern cells.  That may lend
>some credence to my musing that perhaps Maxell had been building the OEM
>batteries all along.

My second battery is a Lenmar I bought from B&H. I haven't taken it
apart, of course, but use it interchangeably with the BP-511. It's rated
at 1300 mah vs. the 1100 of the BP-511, but I don't keep close enough
track of what I'm doing and have never noticed any significant
difference. Seems either one will handle most of the longest day's
shooting I've done and the second hardly gets used finishing up.

External physical construction is first rate. Looking at it just now, I
notice no country of origin on it. Made in USA?? How quaint, if true.

Moose