[OM] Re: PC-World Top DSlr Rankings

Subject: [OM] Re: PC-World Top DSlr Rankings
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 12:20:56 -0800 (PST)
> I am sorry, but computer mags be they Mac or PC have no
> understanding of photography at all and not much of digital
> photography.

Half the rankings appear tied to the kit lens attached to the
camera being tested.  Obviously the Olympus is a little better
than the Canon with the kit lenses.  The other half of the
rankings are "cupholder" features.  The more shiny buttons, the
better.

The rankings have less to do with actual usabilities. Not to say
the Olympus 300 and 500 is any slouch, but to put either above
the 20D is a dead giveaway that something smells.

Put a decent lens on the 20D and watch those rankings change.
But then again, put a 14-54 on the E-500 and watch it take the
position right back. :)

I also get a kick out of the continuing lie about limited lens
selection.  WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?

AG

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com