[OM] Re: No Mac and cheese for me after all

Subject: [OM] Re: No Mac and cheese for me after all
From: Jim Brokaw <j.l.brokaw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 19:26:38 -0800
on 12/27/05 1:40 AM, Andrew Fildes at afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Yeah - and where's this 'function' key then, hey...HEY?
> Tsk!
> AndrewF
>

> On 27/12/2005, at 2:36 PM, Steve Dropkin wrote:
>
>> Hmm ... maybe he was new enough to the Mac to not know that
>> pressing the
>> Function (fn) key and the delete key at the same time

I'm still catching up on all the emails I couldn't read while visiting my
parents for Christmas... Dad's still on dial-up AOL, and though I tried
twice I just couldn't stand to read email that way. You get used to what you
have.

On my Apple Extended Keyboard (aka 'the surfboard') which I bought several
years ago there is a dedicated "Delete Right" key, in the cluster of keys
between the alphabet keys and the numeric keypad. Also in this area are a
Page Up and Page Down, and a Help, Home, and End key. With most of my
programs they all do what they say... although sometimes the End key goes to
the end of the line of text, other times to the end of the page. I guess
there's sloppy programming on both Mac and Windows programs.

Note that my Apple Macintosh hardware is still running OS 9.2.2 as I am not
yet ready to spend the money on a box that can run OS-X. I do have, right
next to the Mac, a 3Ghz WinXP box, but I prefer to do my daily living stuff
on the Mac... FWIW.
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...