[OM] Re: PC-World Top DSlr Rankings

Subject: [OM] Re: PC-World Top DSlr Rankings
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 16:10:03 +1100
These people have a very different agenda to the rest of us and often
a dumb one.
I picked up a 'best buys' listing from our local consumer mag.
'Choice' (UK equivalent 'Which') and was less than amused to see that
'Image Quality' was only one of eight criteria and criteria were not
weighted. Thus things like 'Features' (yeah, cupholders),
'convenience' and cost were equally rated. Consequently, the winner
in the sixteen was the one with the 7th best image - and it was a
long way behind the top three in that category. I think these people
forget what the essential function of the tool might be. It's like
recommending a three-wheeled car because it saves money on tyres.
Of course, some people don't really care if the pix aren't that good
- I live with a couple...
AndrewF