[OM] Re: Cameta has me weakening

Subject: [OM] Re: Cameta has me weakening
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 07:13:30 -0800 (PST)
> Could even do the same thig with an AF lens. Get some fool to
> go out into the roght depth in the scene and shine a
> flashlight on their face, focus, and turn off AF. 8-)

Actually, I have an old Crown Graphic that has this capability.
There is a light that shines through the rangefinder. It casts
two dots on the subject and you just adjust the focus until the
two dots line up.  Easiest night focusing tool I've ever used.

I wonder how long until this feature is reintroduced into our
DSLRs.

It was a "tools" Christmas for me.  Got a laser leveler, a sonic
measuring device as well as a new tape measure and 100'
measuring tape.  All were on sale at one of the home improvement
warehouses.  With rebates, the laser leveler cost me $1.47, the
laser equipped sonic tape measure was $6.89 and the "analog"
style tape measures came as a set for $7.89.  I wish I realized
that there was a rebate going on at the time as I could have
also gotten a nice digital stud finder for under a dollar.

Gotta love the post-holiday sales.

AG