[OM] Re: WTB: lenses / parts for lensbaby project - (LINKS to sites as w

Subject: [OM] Re: WTB: lenses / parts for lensbaby project - (LINKS to sites as we...
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 07:26:42 EST

In a message dated 1/4/2006 12:43:29 A.M. Central Standard Time,
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

How  about lenses from old tin and bakelite 127 Kodaks - they are ten
for  a penny and often single element meniscus lenses of dubious
quality  with a solid softness and violent vignetting. You'd have to
make  your own mount, of course. Remember, in that era, many folding
cameras were the expensive, high end units from each  manufacturer.

Don't le the folks from toycamera.com hear you say that.  This is a  pretty
interesting site.  Yes, I know much of it is artsy fartsy stuff and  there are
some really nice images to be found there.  Bill, who has a drop  or two, but
no more, of artsy fartsy blood,  Barber