[OM] Re: Another game changing design

Subject: [OM] Re: Another game changing design
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 10:48:27 -0500
Ricoh broached a similar concept almost 20 years ago in their
Shotmaster P&S series.  The model 105 has a 38~105 zoom but when the
wide angle side of the zoom rocker is held down for an additional few
seconds additional elements snap into place and the optic becomes a
fixed 28/8.0.  Press the telephoto side of the rocker and it jumps
back to the normal zoom range.  BTW, the zoom is remarkably fast on
the long end -- f/5.6.  I still have mine and use it occasionally.

FWIW/ScottGee1