[OM] Re: Advice on favorite mod range zoom to backpack

Subject: [OM] Re: Advice on favorite mod range zoom to backpack
From: "Roger Key" <rogerdkey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 23:56:55 +0100
If it is a question of backpacking (multi-day?), I would rate the lenses:

Tamron 80-200/2.8      best lens, but too heavy for backpacking

Tamron 60-300/3.8-5.4   fine lens, tripod mount, good macro, rather heavy

Olympus 50-250/5     fine lens, no tripod mount

Tokina 50-250/4-5.6   good lens, good macro, no tripod mount

Olympus 75-150/4      good lens, limited range, no macro, light

Olympus 85-250/5      fine lens, best with tripod, no macro

For a multi-day trip where weight is important (no tripod) I would choose
the Zuiko 75-150. For flexibility, I would choose the Tamron 60-300 (good
macro, wide range, excellent optics) or the Zuiko 50-250.
I actually own all the above lenses, mostly because I could never decide
which one(s) to sell....

Roger Key