[OM] Re: Spots, was New Year's Pictures

Subject: [OM] Re: Spots, was New Year's Pictures
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 23:17:32 +0000
Now that I think about it, it was 1967 when I PO'd the wife by buying mine.
The sticker price was $3650, or something very close to that.  I talked them
down to $3550 or so.  It was red; the rollbar was black, and it rumbled loud.
I kept it just over a year and sold it for about what I paid for it.  It was a
killer to drive, kinda like a buckboard with a runaway team, but it sure was
fun.  And being an old, semi-senile fart with a faulty memory, I'm probably
wrong, but I seem to recall it being a 429.  Whatever it was, it sounded great
and could get from here to there before anybody knew you were gone.  Ate
Corvettes for breakfast, and the ladies loved it.  I think the fact it vibrated
like a Harley and rode like a horse may have had something to do with that.

Sigh!

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from