[OM] Re: sad day for me

Subject: [OM] Re: sad day for me
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 22:32:47 -0500
A small local (I can walk to it) lab used to do ~$3k a month in E6 for
Johnson Controls.  They lost that business a couple years ago and are
thinking of pulling the equipment to make room for other processing
gear.  As much as I love slides, I sure don't give 'em enough business
anymore.

The owner (Jack) is a fine photographer who spends a lot of time in
Cuba.  He befriended a number of the old shooters there including
Alberto Korda, the fellow who made the iconic shot of Che Guevara.  Of
course copyrights were completely violated and the photographers never
received any royalties.  Jack sells prints for them and funnels the
money back to the guys who are still alive and their survivors.

ScottGee1