[OM] Re: Cameta saved me money!!!

Subject: [OM] Re: Cameta saved me money!!!
From: paul <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 14:59:41 +0000
Walt Wayman wrote:

><>
>
>Now that I think about it retrospectively and calmly, I bet dollars to donuts
>that they are shoving these things out the door cheaply because they have
>gotten some advance information that they won't fit the E-3.  I mean, they are
>offering no great deals on any of the "more better" lenses, flashes and other
>goodies that almost certainly will work with the E-3 and subsequent models,
>but just this thing.

This is my view too. I live in the UK where the cost of the SHLD-2 kit
is around $670, so it would be quite a bargain for me to buy from Cameta
and get it shipped over here (and I've bought without issue from them
before). I suspect that it just wont fit on the new E-x, but it may also
be that the new camera has a built-in grip? I personally hope not as I'd
rather have the choice of big and clunky...

btw - this was also discussed here:
http://www.photocamel.com/index.php/topic,4354.0.html . I'm an active
member on that site and we really could use more Olympians coming over
(also looking for a mod of the Olympus digital forum if you know anyone
interested...). Come on over and say hello (I'm sure you can juggle the
OM list with a forum or two ;)).

Paul