[OM] Re: Advice on favorite mod range zoom to backpack

Subject: [OM] Re: Advice on favorite mod range zoom to backpack
From: Donald MacDonald <d1956m198d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 23:41:18 +0000
Moose wrote:

> I think I'd take whatever kit(s) appealed to me off on a day hike to see
> how I liked working with them before final choice.
>
> Moose

Ahh, much wisdom from the Moose! You really can't decide on what you
want to take as an academic or theoretical exercise. Pack 'em all up and
do an overnight on a favourite trail with each kit.

But what do you actually use out there? Last couple of trips I went on I
could probably have got by with my 24, 50 and 300. I used my 35, but
could just have got a bit closer with the 24... I used to just pack my
35-70/4 and my 75-150/4 and maybe a 50. Before that, I just had the 50!

The big Tammy is the price I pay for living in a dark country and
enjoying wildlife...

D.