[OM] Re: NOW: Ektachrome processing WAS:Re: sad day for me

Subject: [OM] Re: NOW: Ektachrome processing WAS:Re: sad day for me
From: "Scott Gomez" <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 20:25:13 -0800
I may have been very lucky, but when I was souping Ektachrome regularly,
I had a sink with a set of taps that would hold temperature quite well
once set. I just ran a continuous slow flow into a pan that held the
bottles, with the overflow into a pan holding the tank, and I was set.
IMO it wasn't the precise temperature that made a huge difference, but
the fact that things were the *same* temp. Seems to me the kit had a
table of "fudge factors" in the instructions for various processing
temps, anyway.

Other than that, all one needs for Ektachrome processing is some
bottles, the kit and a stainless tank and reel (or plastic, if that's
your preference, but I think stainless is easier to control the temp).

Consistency and repeatability is probably not even in the cards with
that method, but the results usually *looked* fine and certainly would
be within "scanable correction range". It's really not difficult, Wayne,
and is worth the attempt, at least once :).