[OM] Re: iView Media Pro WAS Re: Picture Window Pro X for $29.95

Subject: [OM] Re: iView Media Pro WAS Re: Picture Window Pro X for $29.95
From: Rob Harrison <robhar@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 23:37:48 -0800
Command - E.  :-)

I know exactly what you mean though.

BTW, I have 25,000+ images in my catalogue, but I don't have 25,000+
images catalogued. That is, I haven't labeled, filled in all the IPTC
fields, etc on all of them. Probably won't ever!

I do have them by roll, and mostly sorted by subject or event. That's
one of the nice things about iView. You can just load the roll in, or
folder of digital files, whichever, and then distribute the images
within that roll to 'catalogue sets.' The catalogue sets are
completely custom. Here's a screen shot. If, as I did, you click on
the little oval icon to the right there, a green dot appears, and you
display the files associated with that catalogue set--no matter which
folder they're in, or even which drive they're on, if you have
multiple drives hooked up. So I've clicked on "Favorites" which draws
on probably 50 different rolls. I didn't discover this aspect of
iView until after I'd been using it for about a year. I think it's
brilliant. Down below you see in the split window on the left, the
actual image folders.

-- Type: image/jpeg
-- File: iView_Screenshot.jpg

-- Type: text/plain