[OM] Re: Your opinions on pricing for OM3 Ti

Subject: [OM] Re: Your opinions on pricing for OM3 Ti
From: Jim Brokaw <j.l.brokaw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 21:09:48 -0800
I paid $1000 for mine a couple years ago, I think and I've watched the
auctions that go by for 3T's when they come up... which isn't too often
(recent spate of auctions is very unusual if for real). Recent sales in
pretty good condition seem to be $1800 to $2200... which price must by
wholly for collection value. There are only a few differences between the
OM-3 and OM-3T, but I think the 3T is a -lot- less common. Whether the
values will hold up or increase I can't speculate, but I'm not selling mine
anyway.

I looked at the pictures, and I didn't spot the paint scratches... but I
didn't study them closely either. The price seems to be fair IMO, consistent
with the condition. First thing I'd do is take off those neckstrap rings. I
think owning the 3T is a lot like owning Leicas; its hard to justify it
solely for picture taking, but easy if you put some value into mystique,
exclusivity, and that best-ever color finish.
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...