[OM] Re: Advice on favorite mod range zoom to backpack

Subject: [OM] Re: Advice on favorite mod range zoom to backpack
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 20:44:41 -0800 (PST)
> 10 days in
> mid-May. Cold, snow, rain, hail, lots of big  mosquitos, and
> some of the best stories that I still tell. As you know, on
> Isle  Royale, one needs a telephoto
> for the moose and the elusive wolf. I would  imagine that a
> 200/4 or 5 would be great.

I was there several years ago:
http://www.image66media.com/page13.html

The timing was perfect. We did it right after Labor Day weekend.
 Actually took the boat over on Monday and came back on Friday.
No bugs. :)  On that above listed page there is a photo of a
moose that got a bit closer than I really wanted.  This shot was
at about minimum focus distance with the 200/4.

Next time I go there, I'll go to the east end.  Fewer moose on
that side, but great canoing.

AG

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com