[OM] Re: Your opinions on pricing for OM3 Ti

Subject: [OM] Re: Your opinions on pricing for OM3 Ti
From: Jim Brokaw <j.l.brokaw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 21:19:18 -0800
on 1/6/06 2:40 PM, Wayne Harridge at wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>> Please look at the link attached. (I don't have a photo of the flash)
>>
>> http://pierredelune.i3s.unice.fr/Camera/
>>

> Very nice shots of the body (I wish this was the standard for images on that
> auction site).  Not having seen an OM-3Ti "in the flesh" myself it occurs to
> me that the finish on the Ti looks very similar to that on the OM-2000.  Can
> anyone who has handled both confirm that ?
>
> ...Wayne

It is close... the finish on the 3T is probably better done. It looks
'thicker' and deeper, though that may be subjective rather than quantifiable
in any way. The color is very close. I bought an OM-2000 mostly for that,
and just to see what they are like. Not bad for a modern-era mass-market
camera. Definitely a cheaper, more plasticky, loose-guts feel than the
original 'real' OM's though. The color is very satisfactory, though.
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...

Just one OM-2000 though, and that's probably enough. Maybe 40 OM-1's... so
far.