[OM] Re: Solution for all those new digicams

Subject: [OM] Re: Solution for all those new digicams
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 10:59:27 +1100
Hmmm - can't see the point myself - how is it going to match the
zoom? That looks like one of the Sun/Yashica finders for use with
auxilliary wide and tele lenses and I'd be surprised if the two
brightlines are any kind of match for the ends of the zoom range.
They only gave about 0.7x wider and 1.4x longer, hardly adequate for
representing a 3x zoom.
Of course, this is the approach taken with my new Ricoh GR Digital,
but that has a prime 28mm equivalent lens and a 21mm adapter with the
two corresponding brightlines in the little Voigtlander style finder
(a Leica friend was impressed with the finder and may get one for use
with his M7).
Frankly, I think one of the advantages of digicams is that you can
preview whatever the lens sees - and whatever games you play with
adapters, you can see what you get. I have the view but feel much
more comfortable 'chimping'.
AndrewF

Of course, this is the