[OM] Re: A little more Horn Pond

Subject: [OM] Re: A little more Horn Pond
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2006 21:41:12 -0800
Chuck Norcutt wrote:

>... So, here's a little more
>Horn Pond from some of the images ...  All photos with 24/2.8.
>
><http://www.chucknorcutt.com/horn_pond/>

Very nice. They catch that quiet serenity of many snowscapes. Almost,
but not quite, makes me want to visit actual winter.

They mostly seem to be missing true blacks, with the bottom part of the
histogram empty. I hope you don't mind that I took the liberty of
resetting the tonal range on three of them to see how it would look. Of
course, I intentionally see far fewer snowscapes than you and many
others on the list, but I seem to recall that there are usually at least
a few points of real black, at least when it isn't actually snowing
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/HornPond/>.

Moose