[OM] Re: adorama grading

Subject: [OM] Re: adorama grading
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 09:02:17 -0500
My experience with Adorama is limited.  Bought one item that was
described as "Very Good".  Apparently that's the phrase they use to
describe worn, defective equipment.  The return was a hassle as well
so I haven't given them a second chance.

KEH has become inconsistent, IMO.  I've done business with them for
over a decade.  You'll see lots of stories posted to the 'net about
"Bargain" items that turn out to be very clean.  I've had that
experience as well.  More recently I noticed that "Bargain" is more
likely to mean just that and maybe worse.  One "Bargain" lens I
ordered had a nice gouge in the front element.  Mechanical items are
apparently no longer thoroughly checked as I've had to return a few
lately.  If you follow their rules, they're very fair about returns.

Side note:  I wonder about KEH's long term health.  They're holding a
LOT of analog gear that they bought at relatively high prices that
will never return the $$ they expected.  Perhaps King's pockets are
deep enough to offset the difference, but I it'll be interesting to
see what happens over the next few years.

my two lux worth/ScottGee1