[OM] Re: Tamron SP 17mm F3.5

Subject: [OM] Re: Tamron SP 17mm F3.5
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 15:09:03 +0000
I was a little mystified that the Canonites didn't seem to be pursuing this
lens as eagerly as they were the 21/2 Zuiko in their quest for a decent WA for
their big-sensored diggie thingies.  I love the 21/2, but if it's a 10, I would
rate the 17/3.5 Tamron an 8.5, giving it a little bonus for extra coverage and
a small deduction for speed and contrast, with resolution being about even.
But that's just based on my two examples, and I'm no lens tester.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --