[OM] Re: KEH's longevity, was: adorama grading

Subject: [OM] Re: KEH's longevity, was: adorama grading
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 16:00:57 +0000
This is strictly anecdotal, but anyway, here goes.

About this time last year, because of the stampede to digital in certain
quarters, I decided to put together a Mamiya RB67 outfit, something far too
expensive for me to even consider 10 years ago.  I bought every piece off *Bay,
exercising my generally reliable BS detector, which has served me quite well in
that market.  In just a few months, I had a LNIB RB67, all the different
viewfinders, grips, backs, extension tubes, and six Sekor C lenses (50, 65, 90,
127, 140 macro, and 180).

Recently, I returned to the marketplace with the notion of adding 250mm and
360mm Sekor lenses.  After sniping and losing and observing the current going
prices for the exact same stuff I was buying this time last year, it looks to
me like everything's going for 20-30 percent more now than then.

Maybe the bottom's not quite ready to drop out after all.  I hope not, because
I'd hate to see KEH go out of business.  But, then again, if they do go
belly-up, since they're just over the hill, down the road and across the river,
I might have a chance go pick at the carcass.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --