[OM] Re: KEH's longevity, was: adorama grading

Subject: [OM] Re: KEH's longevity, was: adorama grading
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 11:03:35 -0500
Why?  One phrase -- instant gratification.

Polaroid sold millions of cameras and tons of film packs because
people loved the idea of seeing results almost immediately.  Of course
the results weren't state of the art, but most people were comparing
with pix from an Instamatic so . . .

I recently saw a stat published that shows that *over* 80% of all
digicam images will never be printed.

I laugh every time I shoot analog and make pix of children who
immediately demand to "Lemme see!  Lemme see!" and look at me
quizzically when I show them the blank back of the camera.  "Is is
broken?" they demand to know.  "Oh, it's one of your OLD cameras" they
complain as they run away to find a shiny object to distract
themselves.

I also laugh at myself when I shoot analog and find myself trying to chimp.

FWIW/ScottGee1