[OM] Re: OT: DSLR viewfinders

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: DSLR viewfinders
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 09:04:23 -0800
You can't generalize very much about digital cameras, I think. The
viewfinder on the new D200 is quite nice, but I did not mind the D100
which was just a bit smaller. Canon, no offense intended, seems to
have an odd philosophy of protecting their other modelsl. The 300D
came out crippled in its firmware so as not to compete with the 10D.
The 5D is interesting in that it is more expensive because of the
large sensor, but has some features missing from the cheaper 20D body
it is using. I think the viewfinder is used as well by Canon to
separate models.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA