[OM] Re: KEH's longevity, was: adorama grading

Subject: [OM] Re: KEH's longevity, was: adorama grading
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 13:53:48 -0800 (PST)
> I've long been convinced that the best trade gear gets scarfed
> up by the employees and never even makes it to the used
> cases.  This bit of cynicism is based on conversations I've
> had with a few salespeople over the years that bragged about
> deals they've gotten on trade-in stuff at which customers
> never had a chance.  One of the perks they
> get for putting up with clowns like me.

Half my OM kit was acquired using this method.  I LOVED photo
retail for this very reason.  But it's a double-edged sword.
It's not much different than a drug addict working in a m*th
lab.

For the four or five years I worked photo retail, I figure the
boss probably made 2-3x as much off of me of what he paid me.
Pretty good deal on his part--pay me peanuts and he gets all of
it back and then some.  For four years I never saw a check.

If one is willing to part with the excellent deals that come
your way, you can buy these fire-sale priced items, keep one or
two items and then dump the rest on eb*y.  Hmm, can you say "Tom
Scales"?

AG

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com