[OM] Re: adorama grading

Subject: [OM] Re: adorama grading
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 23:56:22 -0800
ScottGee1 wrote:

>KEH has become inconsistent, IMO.  I've done business with them for
>over a decade.  You'll see lots of stories posted to the 'net about
>"Bargain" items that turn out to be very clean.  I've had that
>experience as well.  More recently I noticed that "Bargain" is more
>likely to mean just that and maybe worse.  One "Bargain" lens I
>ordered had a nice gouge in the front element.  Mechanical items are
>apparently no longer thoroughly checked as I've had to return a few
>lately.  If you follow their rules, they're very fair about returns.

Well, I haven't bought much from them, but the bargain rated
19-35/3.5-4.5 in EOS mount that I bought a few months ago is in very
good cosmetic and mechanical condition and works flawlessly. The EX T1
and the T8 head I just bought are both close to LN.

Just more anecdotal stuff, but that's what I can offer.

Moose