[OM] Re: Don't be annoying!

Subject: [OM] Re: Don't be annoying!
From: "Jon Mitchell" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 22:54:31 -0000
Also used (Chris will give the correct grammatical explanation, I'm
sure) as a derogative term to describe the people or persons subject to
the order.  Incorrect, of course - the initials stand for the actual
order itself - but around these parts we often refer to our neighbour as
"the Asbo" (or when he wakes us up at 4am with deafening dance music
"that bl**dy Asbo") !

Problem is that although the idea of penalising people for anti-social
behaviour may have been founded in good intentions, the type of people
who are anti-social enough to get an order actually value them as a kind
of display of their power or pecking-order within their gangs.

And Martyn's statement below (Bloody place is awash with 'em) is true of
both the orders and the people who have or should have them.  And it's
the people that annoy me far more than the orders ...

Anyway, now I am getting dangerously close to political so I'll stop !

Jon