[OM] Re: Sunpack mini "digital flash kit" strobes

Subject: [OM] Re: Sunpack mini "digital flash kit" strobes
From: Tim Hughes <timhughes@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 19:54:10 -0800 (PST)
Ok, here is a link I found for Nikon, but this still shows that it works for
some but not all cameras, as  I suspected, although they seem to  think it may
not have triggered in their tests? (not clear).

http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam/User-Guide/Potpourri/Slave-Firing-Test/slave.html

  Here is a link for Some Oly with Sunpak DS20 and comparison to FL series on
camera. (remember advantage of 2 slaves is very much better light quality than
a single FL unit on camera, not shown here.)
  http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/c5050/c5050-flash-units.html

  Note the DS20 Sunpack is the preferred version of this small Sunpak flash,
with a tilt reflector similar to a T32 and a GN of ~20 in meters. A little more
expensive (30~$35) than the original flashkit unit ($25).

  A very comprehensive Oly and 3rd party flash link:
  http://www.the-meissners.org/olympus-flash.html

  Some E10/20 and 5050/4040  series ref material:
  http://www.molon.de/4040/TTL_Principles.html

  Tim Hughes

Tim Hughes <timhughes@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
  http://www.tocad.com/flash/digitalFlashKit.html
Has anybody used this with their digi cams?

Two mini-fill's like this can be excellent to carry in pocket and ask
bystanders to hold while taking pics at gatherings etc. using remote trig.

They claim wide digital compatibility by just delaying the strobe by 200mS
after intitial preflash. It seems surprising this would work correctly with the
wide variety of Digi cameras out there ? Their digi strobe handle adapter is
different (better), it counts the # preflashes and has a number of count
settings.

Any feedback?

Tim Hughes

List usage info: http://www.zuikoholic.com