[OM] Re: Homepage picture update

Subject: [OM] Re: Homepage picture update
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 10:34:32 -0800 (PST)
> Pizzeria Uno???  You lucky dog!  It has been quite a while
> since I have been in downtown Chicago.  Is Uno the one in the
> basement level restaurant?  I can't remember if it was Duo or
> Uno.

Uno is mainfloor--the original building. Configured like a pub.
Duo is one block to the north and does have a basement level,
but also an outside deck.  Personally, I think Uno tastes
better, and I can only explain the flavor difference by the
years of grease saturation in the walls and ceilings. Probably
the fact that the restrooms are situated too close to the eating
area probably alters odors too. It's an experience, that's for
sure.

My alltime favorite pizza remains Mama Mia's in Mackinaw City,
followed by Pizzeria Uno (the original store--not the franchise
stores) and then Big John's in Whitehall Michigan. They have a
veggy pizza to die for with a crust/sauce combination that is
distinctly Michigan style.  The moment the pizza hits your lips
you're saying "ooooh, that's goooood."  I can eat an entire
large pizza by myself if I'm not careful. These other pizzas are
a crossover between Chicago style and New York style with a bit
of local nuance thrown in. The crusts are handtossed, the sauce
has the NY bite to it, but the onions, garlic and peppers are
positioned a bit different to the normal stacking order. Oh, the
cheese is slightly different too.

I think it's time for lunch now.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com