[OM] Re: Your opinions on pricing for OM3 Ti

Subject: [OM] Re: Your opinions on pricing for OM3 Ti
From: bartjew@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 10:56:59 +0100
Andrew,

Oddly enough it seems some people actually like gold camera's.
This guy I've bought an MD2 from off the 'bay  wrote me proudly he
owns two OM-2n's. I can only hope the drive I'm getting is a genuine
black one.

Talking of geniune, when is something genuine? When it is like
it left the factory?
What if you take it out of the box?
What if you swap focusing screens? what if you dent or scratch the
bottom plate? what if you repair that dent or scratch? What if you
re paint the entire camera while you are at it?

Now what if it was painted (or gilt) at an Olympus factory?
And what if it was gold-plated by a subcontractor at orders
of the company that imports Oly gear into a certain West European
country?
;o)

Oh well, at least my OM-4 is genuine, with genuine electronics
problems and genuine deteriorated light seals!

Regards,
Bart

Citeren Andrew McPhee <macca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> >At 05:59 PM 12/01/2006 +0100, you wrote:
> >
> >Now that I find myself in good company, I can 'fess up comparable
> >actions in regard to my 4. I took off every last bit of paint of the
> >brass bottom plate.
> >It shone like a mirror! Bling bling!
> >
> >Alas, keeping it brass is not an option as it doesn't keep the shine
> >longer than half a day. All the paints I've tried either looked ugly from
> >the start or started showing wear in no time.
> >
> >What's this with cellulose spray? Sounds colourless to me. Is it?
> >
> >Cheers,
> >Bart
>

> Hey Bart, give it a nice coat of gold paint and lob it onto eB*y.  Gold Oly
> gear seems to be fetching a premium right now (even if it's not genuine)
> and then you'll be able to afford that 3Ti you've always wanted... ;-)
>

> Andrew McPhee
> http://www.dev-stop-fix.com/

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

Nu 12 maanden gratis Live Eredivisievoetbal bij 20 Mb ADSL voor maar
EUR 39,95 per maand. Bestel op www.versatel.nl/voetbal