[OM] Re: taking photos of lazer shows.

Subject: [OM] Re: taking photos of lazer shows.
From: jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 10:32:13 -0000 (GMT)

> Probably the lasers move faster than fireworks ... the amount of light
> hitting the film in one spot is less. When you say the buildings near the
> edges had little resolution, I would guess that the light from them gives
> strong over-exposure?
This was certainly the case the first time with the om4ti in auto this
time the strongest of the advertising signs which is the alliance building
had good definition. I think the edge problems where more to do with wide
agles and night photography dont seem to work well together.

Perhaps using a color filter that lets the laser light
> through but blocks the other colors would let you get an image of the
> lasers?
hmm this sounds promising, the lasers all all the same colour - green

Then you could stack a conventional photo on top of it to get the
> buildings in the same final print.
> -jeff
I could certainly do this take a snap just before the show and then apply
a filter and take various shoots of the lasers. the lights on the
buildings also change colour but its the lasers that I want
thanks for the advice. I will try next time I am there (April).. third
time lucky maybe
James